Friday, May 18, 2018

And In Recent News.......

Well, the first five months of this year was quite interesting, to say the least.  In case if any of you didn’t know, I began to go to college again in January.  I just finished the semester about two weeks ago, did my finals and I just received my final grades a couple days ago.  I passed all my classes, even though I missed a couple assignments in some of my classes due to my extremely poor memory.  I’m looking to sign up for the fall semester in the next month.  This was the first time going back to a classroom environment style of college in over a decade, being the college courses I took before were online.  One thing though for sure it was an eye-opener, a whole new experience in college.  Literally, almost everything in college is all electronic and online, which I don’t know if this is a good thing or not.  I mean, I know the internet plays a huge role in our lives nowadays, but I feel we as a society shouldn’t get too dependent on it.  There will come a time when the internet will be down for a while and no one isn’t going to know what to do.  The schools across the country should balance out doing work online and offline so students can grasp both concepts if that time comes. 
           
Also, in March during my spring break, a friend of mine from Illinois came to visit me.  She was the first visitor I had to come to see me at my house that wasn’t a relative of mine.  My friend was only in Colorado for three days, but it was nice to do some things in the area and go do some sightseeing.  We both went to a bar in town that was featuring some metal bands on one night.  At first, I thought the metal bands were going to be the cookie monster growling style nu-metal BS that seems all too common, but they all played thrash metal to my surprise.  I literally thought that kind of metal went extinct over a decade ago.  That made me happy to see people not only be interested in that music but also playing it as well.  This is one thing I’ve started to do to get out of the house, which is to go see bands play in my town.  Just last week, I saw a local indie rock band play in Pueblo, which was just awesome.  I bought some of their music, a t-shirt, and even got a free poster of them, with the members signing it.  I haven’t done anything like that in over a decade when I was still living in the Chicago area.  I was refreshing, and I look forward to doing more of this in the future. 
         
My guitar playing is getting better every day, being I play every single day.  I want to start learning some songs and find some likeminded musicians in my area to jam with.  I recently purchased a Gibson SG, a second time I’ve owned this kind of guitar.  The reason being was I need a good playing, lightweight guitar so when my back goes out on me or is extremely sore, I still have something to play.  I’m primarily a Les Paul player so something lightweight with humbuckers will do just right for me.  I would like to get a band together soon, at least have something by the end of summer. 
My new SG, with one of the many amps I play on. 

           
I feel I should be celebrating after finding out the SJW cuck’s music page I used to be part of is shutting down largely in part of him getting booted off the site thirty days at a time with some posts he made.  However, I am not because of the reason why he is booted off for thirty days at a time.  Facebook, in the past year or so, has gotten so left-wing and leftist it started to ban people who post anything that’s considered right-wing, or simply anything that doesn’t agree with their political views.  But yet, Facebook seems to have no problems with people calling out or even saying they want to assassinate the President of the United States.  Look, I wasn’t all thrilled either when Donald Trump was elected president, but I don’t wish the man dead, nor do I try to find any kind of stupid dirt to attempt to impeach him.  Like it or not, that man is our president and won the election fair and square.  There was no Russian interference, no phony ballots of any kind.  People need to really start realizing this, and very soon.  Anyways, the cuck’s page is going to be shut down very soon, and quite possibly his time on Facebook is also coming to an end.  I even began to think of parting ways myself, because I can’t stand the atmosphere that Facebook has become.  Last year, I went looking around at other social media sites to be part of that were politically neutral and don’t care what their patrons say or think.  I found two sites: Minds.com and Gabi.ai.  I made profiles in each one for more exposure to my blogs, although I haven’t done too much with them since joining.  I’m hoping to remedy that during this summer break from school.  As of right now, my music page is going to stay open for the time being, until further notice.  Well, that’ it, for now, I hope I keep up with writing too during this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment